PAKISTAN HVACR SOCIETY - A JOURNEY OF 25 YEARS
Before the formation of Pakistan HVACR Society, HVACR activities were present in the country but the professionals working in the Industry did not have any a platform where all of them could sit together and share their ideas and experience for the growth and advancement of this vital Industry.
The idea of HVACR representative body was conceived for the first time in 1993. At that time, National Institute of Technical Education (NITE) Islamabad - Ministry of Education, wanted to hold a national conference / workshop on Air- conditioning and Refrigeration Technology. In June 1993, they approached leading manufacturers, contractors, engineers and consultants associated with the HVACR Profession & industry. The basic idea was to consolidate and promote HVACR activities in the country. This objective appealed to all organizations associated with the HVACR field and full support was extended to NITE. It was decided to conduct a technical exhibition pertaining to HVACR products concurrently with a technical conference on issues & problems related to HVACR profession, trade & industry. It was decided to conduct the first Exhibition and Conference on October 23-24, 1993 at National Technical Teachers Training College (NTTTC) Islamabad.
This event was a great success. The conference provided an opportunity to all the delegates associated with HVACR field to discuss the possibility of establishing a Society to look after the promotion of HVACR activities in the country. Subsequently, several meetings were held at Islamabad, Lahore & Karachi which were attended by delegates and HVACR professionals from almost all the major cities of Pakistan.
In June 1994, a meeting was held in Karachi under the chairmanship of Mr. Anwar Saadat, whereby, it was decided to establish a Society to promote the interest of HVACR field in the country. This was the beginning of Pakistan HVACR Society.
An Adhoc Committee under the Chair of Mr. Anwar Saadat was made, who were assigned to prepare the bylaws, working procedure, election rules, which were approved by the members in 1997. Simultaneously, it was registered with the RegistrarJoint Stock Companies Islamabad, as per Certificate # RS / ICT / 325 dated 22-7-1999 under the Society Registration Act XXI of 1860 as "Nonprofit Organization (NPO).
Almost 2 decades later, Pakistan HVACR Society has become one of the most vibrant and active Societies of the country. It has been successful in organizing regular annual Conferences and Expos. Credit goes to the Founders of the Society and the subsequent leaders who steered the Society through its initial years and helped it to become one of the best technical Societies of the Country.
It goes without saying that HVACR activities have tremendously progressed under the umbrella of the Society, but still a lot of work has to be done for the progress and prosperity of the HVACR profession as well as for the betterment of the country.
Keen interest has been shown both by the business community and public at large which is a very healthy sign and augurs well for the future of the Society. Being a representative body, well organized and informative institution, the Pakistan HVACR Society should be of tremendous help to its members and other concerned professionals by guiding and informing them on the latest advancements in the HVACR field the world over. It can also advise various Government agencies and departments in formulating policies favorable to HVACR activities in the country.
The Pakistan HVACR Society has the following aims and objectives:
- To establish, maintain and operate an association of members from the profession of HVACR Engineering.
- To promote and advance activities of HVACR engineering sciences and technology.
- To provide a central platform for members to communicate, exchange of views, ideas for development of products and services of HVACR industry.
- To develop professional skill by disseminating latest and up to date information on global changes and developments in HVACR technology.
- To maintain high professional standards and to establish and maintain code of conduct.
- To conduct workshops, conferences, seminars and exhibitions for advancement of HVACR engineering sciences and technology.
- To provide assistance to different groups of HVACR industry, to form their individual associations and to provide guidance for keeping these associations active.
- To nominate delegates for participation in national and international seminars / exhibitions / forums.
The Pakistan HVACR Society has built up different forums and various committees at all levels. The Society goes into election after every t